Kenya Facts : Questions and Answers
1. What are the two official languages of Kenya?
Answer : Swahili and English
2. What is a matatu?
Answer: A minibus popularly used for public transport
3. What is Kenya’s staple food?
Answer: Ugali and sukuma wiki – Maize meal with vegetables
4. What is the most popular religion practised in Kenya?
5. When did Kenya gain independence from Britain?
6. What is Lake Nakuru National Park in the Rift Valley famous for?
7. Which countries border Kenya?
Answer: Kenya is bordered to the north by South Sudan and Ethiopia, to the east by Somalia and the Indian Ocean and to the south by Tanzania.
8. What ocean does Kenya border?
Answer: The Indian Ocean
9. What is the name of the money/currency used in Kenya?
Answer: The Kenya shilling
10. What time zone is Kenya on?
Answer : GMT + 3
11. What is the nickname of the Kenyan national football team?
Answer : The Harambee Stars